Thursday, January 12, 2012

[Alessandro] Field work continues.

Red soil, black cotton, old glades, new bomas. Field work is going on at full thrust. It's a nice feeling to leave for the site after breakfast wishing everybody a good morning of work, and to reconvene for lunch and relax sharing what we have seen and done. Then off again for the afternoon! Driving to the site always means seeing some animals around. Yesterday I tried to photograph a nearby giraffe while riding on the roof of the van. It was quite bumpy, but I was still able to get something. Thanks giraffes for being so tall.


While collecting bugs along one of the transect in a "herbivore exclosure", Jacob and I ran into the same kind of spider Ruthie has posted a photo of. Here's our take.


And yesterday two close-to-zero-probabilty events happened. First, Jacob found Adam's Sharpie that I had lost in the morning right in the middle of a tall-grass area. Second, I found the master key to all the locks of the camera traps that apparently had fallen under a tree while setting one up. I believe a black hole was generated right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment